Re: Hot Rod Mag

To: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hot Rod Mag
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:52:28 -0500
Yeah we didn't have the Best Springs in the Top of the C motor and that was
the limiting factor on RPM.... and I thank you once again for your on site
Recommendations on RPM John.

The Quick change is a Cool Idea... but this is the Camaro... and as such
doesn't really justify the expense... since we are already set up to run
the 9" ford... to include all the appropriate Gear sets for Maxton and
Bville.

Now for the Wind... well We been talking about that a bit and there is No
doubt it Helped a TON.... Now how do I order up the same conditions for an
October Race?

Keith

----------
> From: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
> To: kturk@ala.net; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Hot Rod Mag
> Date: Wednesday, April 12, 2000 7:41 AM
>
>     Now this is where a Quickchange would be the hot set up. You can make
> gear changes in five minutes or less and experiment with different ratios
> for different (tire size, nitrous, etc.) applications.
>
>     If you try a new cam don't forget some bigger valve springs, 8000 RPM
> might be nice on your way to 200 MPH.
>
>     As for 200 MPH at Maxton there has been only one door slammer to ever
do
> that. A certain C/GCC Mustang back in '97, 202.247 MPH. Wonder who drove
> that one? Anyway might take a BIG shot of nitrous to get there, but it's
> do-able. Rob Long was running mid 190's with his B/FALT Mustang at the
last
> meet. Don't forget the Maxton HP we had in April, maybe we'll have some
more
> in May...
>
> John Beckett, LSR #79

Print
> > out's I think we ran out of Camshaft.  The Car Pulled Like Jack the
Bear
> > about 7300 rpm... so we are thinking the 2:86 gear might be a Popular
> > Option.
> >
> > Now For Brad's Big speed I am thinking the 2:75 gear and a Bit of
Nitrous.
> > by Fixing the Oiling Problem and Belt Driving a new Cam.... Might be
able
> > to Splat this old Junk yard Motor into the Two Club at Maxton... Now
that
> > would be Neat..... from 136mph our first meet to 200.... in a couple of
> > Years... That's damn Near like Hot Rodding.
> >
> > Keith
> > ----------
> > > From: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
> > > To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>; land-speed@autox.team.net
> > > Subject: Re: Hot Rod Mag
> > > Date: Tuesday, April 11, 2000 7:47 AM
> > >
> > > Cool, Will has driven at the Lakes and Bonneville, so the next
challenge
> > is
> > > to drive the Concrete. East vs. West...bet LSR never had that before.
> Any
> > > west coast vehicles interested in joining in the fun??? The ECTA
spring
> > meet
> > > is May 6 & 7.
> > >
> > > Maybe I need to renew my subscription to Hot Rod?
> > >
> > > John Beckett, LSR #79

Vs