Wet Sump Oiling???s

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Wet Sump Oiling???s
From: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 05:46:13
Keith started a good thread and when I chatted with him for a minute or two
tonight I had another question. When you measure the amount of oil to fill
below the windage tray do you account for 1) the oil in the filter and 2)
all the oil that's being pumped around the system. Seems like to me that a
goodly portion is not in the pan at any given time. There is a lot on the
heads in the valve covers, in the lifter gallery, and in the internal
engine plumbing. Do we need to account for this?

mayf (just a thought- actually for me this was a brain storm - I usually
have brain f*rts)

L.E. Mayfield
124 Maximillion Drive
Madison, Al. 35758-8171
ph: 1-256-837-1051

http://home.hiwaay.net/~lemayf

lemay@hiwaay.net

Sunbeam Tiger, B9471136
Sunbeam Alpine Bonneville Land Speed Racer,
'66 Hydroplane Drag Boat (390 FE)