Re: Dry sump .We donn' need no stinkin' breathers!!!!

To: George Mitchell <americanpartner@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Dry sump .We donn' need no stinkin' breathers!!!!
From: Don Kerr <dkveuro@pop.flash.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 22:15:57 -0600
Good evening George, wa's up? Who said you need breathers.......
Hallo.......Hallo .......Was what I wrote in  gobble dee gook or
somat!!!!!!!No breathers on an evacuated crankcase!!!!! Otherwise the
stinkin' air is gettin' in!! Duhh......The one-way header valves apply a
negative pressure in the engine case by means of the venturii effect and
pulse waves in the runners/headers. Seals and gaskets blow out 'cos
somebody didn't do a good job or, the ring seal went away. I do concede
however that gaskets in this situation should be GLUED in place anyway.
And George is right, A.I.R. pumps are being used on SOME engines. Race
on gentlemen........
        (Scrap-Iron Racin')