Re: Dry sump

To: Don Kerr <dkveuro@pop.flash.net>, Chris R Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Subject: Re: Dry sump
From: George Mitchell <americanpartner@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 19:30:51 -0800 (PST)
Hey Chris,
 I have to disagree with the blow by theory there . My
experience with dry sumps ( drag racing) we used a
regular breather on the top of the dry sump tank. In
addition,we used a breather system from the valve
covers to the headers on each side . Especially in a
zero gap situation --- I have seen crankcase pressure
blow out valve cover gaskets on the big end . The
pressure has to go somewhere . The big compression
motors are now using air pumps ( in reverse ) to
reduce crankcase pressure .
Just my experience and my to cents .
 George in DC

Do You Yahoo!?