Re: 180 degree.

To: <LGMCAFEE@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 180 degree.
From: "Chris R Harris" <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:25:36 +1300
Larry,
        built a set for a friend many years ago when I first read about the
concept which seemed VERY plausable after giving some thought to the
theory. They were for a big block 454 in a fancy ski boat with a V drive so
were well out in the open and a joy to fabricate. As I remember the equal
length primaries were a long 36" or so. The owner was amazed at the mid
range grunt he got but could have been more to do with the long primaries.
Blew a hole in the bottom of the boat soon after when his damper exploded
due to it being previously 'hammered' off then 'hammered' on again ( no
Guys, not by me !). Sold the hole deal (pun) and bought a new outboard
powered boat. Kind'a like you said Larry, at 5 grand plus coming up river
with 2 guys on drag skis, that boat got everyone's attention like his new
boat will never get.

Chris Harris.  New Zealand.