Re: hard firing 3

To: V4GR@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net, bigsid@webtv.net
Subject: Re: hard firing 3
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 09:19:10 -0500 (EST)
Hi Rich.  This is an interesting idea, can't see why it would increase
torque and horsepower though.  My speculation is it will increase
vibration and might lead to trouble with the crankshaft and bearings.
If the flywheel is not heavy enough it might lead to gearbox trouble
from the higher peaks of the power pulses.

I recall that with 45 degree twin Harley dirt track racing motorcycles
it was possible to re- arrange firing so that one cylinder fired only 45
degrees after the other rather than 405.  So some people did that.  But
it never became a dominant practice as far as I know.

Cheers,  ArdunBill