Re: Two Stroke Performance

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Two Stroke Performance
From: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:51:32
Don't know about 71 series blowers, but I have a Turbo from a detroit
diesel that is absolutely gigantic! It weighs about the same as a 9" chunk.
Heaaaavvvvyyyy. I bought it off ebay. Bet it would work wonders on a large
motor, say a Hemi...anybody listening?

mayf
At 04:45 PM 2/25/00 -0500, ardunbill@webtv.net wrote:
>Group.  The Detroit Diesel has been extolled for its qualities, and I
>gather we also like it because that's where the 71-series blower cores
>come from.
>
>I feel compelled to point out that when you talk high-performance two
>strokes, the 250cc (15 cu.in.) and 500cc (30 cu.in.) engines used today
>in World Championship Grand Prix Motorcycle road- racing put out SIX
>horsepower per cubic inch reliably on race gas for events up to 200
>miles or more.  250s are limited to two cylinders and 500s to four
>cylinders.
>
>Factory specials put out that level of performance, but production
>racers by Honda and Yamaha, sold to the public for reasonable prices,
>are very close in output.  The 250s weigh around 220 lbs, handle like a
>thought, and with 85 or more horsepower, I understand they are
>tremendous fun to ride.  Something like having wheels on your body, or
>flying without an airplane.
>
>Wish someone would bring one out to ECTA, I imagine stock it would do
>150 or better in the standing mile.  Cheap thrills.  But don't expect me
>to do it, I've got more than enough on my plate trying to get my XXF/GR
>working right.
>
>Cheers from ArdunBill down in the Great Dismal Swamp, Chesapeake, VA,
>where it's been warm enough the last three days to get the old bike out
>for a ride.  When ArdunBill gets to ride his bike, the women are
>prettier, the sky is bluer, and food tastes better!

L.E. Mayfield
124 Maximillion Drive
Madison, Al. 35758-8171
ph: 1-256-837-1051

http://home.hiwaay.net/~lemayf

lemay@hiwaay.net

Sunbeam Tiger, B9471136
Sunbeam Alpine Bonneville Land Speed Racer,
'66 Hydroplane Drag Boat (390 FE)