Lakes Book

To: LandSpeed Louise <lanspeed@west.net>, FastmetalBDF@aol.com, salt@ivic.net,
Subject: Lakes Book
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 06:10:33 -0800 (PST)

--- LandSpeed Louise <lanspeed@west.net> wrote:
> Whoa there speedsters . . .
>
> The Dry Lakes book does need to be done, but I
> have hit a hard wall with the
> publisher over creative control and bounced off
> a berm regarding
> compensation for the effort.
>
> Thinking that I did a fairly good job with the
> Bonneville book, I believe
> that the same approach ought to be employed for
> the lakes book. Thus far,
> the publisher does not agree. We are still
> talking, but if we fail to
> resolve the issues then you may find another
> author on the cover.
>
> I want to author the Dry Lakes book. The money
> issue is important, but not
> as great a factor as the artistic license they
> propose to squelch. I believe
> the reader is my boss, not a corporate formula.
>
> Ah me, once again bucking authority. It seems
> so perfectly natural and
> fitting for me to do so. Sigh.
>
> Say a prayer to the speed God you believe in .
> . . because God's problem
> child is up to her neck in it.
>
> Speedy Regards,
>

> LandSpeed Louise Ann Noeth
> Storyteller
>
> LandSpeed Productions
> Words / Pictures / Graphics / PR
> "Against the ruin of the world,
> there is only one defense -- the creative act!"

Hey there LandSpeed Louise,

Give us your publisher's E-Mail address and we'll
tell him to back off and let him do your stuff.
After all, Land Speed Racers are the subject of
the book and Land Speed Racers are going to be a
big part of the readership!!  If he doesn't
listen to our collective voices he doesn't
deserve the right to wear the publisher's tee-shirt!!

=====
......(In East Texas)........
....FX/GMR  SC/P250-2........
.....Shelby  427 Cobra.......