Re: Intro -- new member

To: americanpartnerinrussia@erols.com, V4GR@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Intro -- new member
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 22:17:06 EST
       Hi  George ,     Welcome to the  LSR  list  ------  a good bunch of
gearheads
and fans of  flat out racing  --------  and  you can' t help but learn
something new
here every day ,  no matter how long you' ve been in / around cars and racing
 !
       If you are running a stock bore / stroke  273 "  De Soto ,  you are
already
giving away  32  cubic inches to other competitors in your class , " D ",
who
might  be on the upper limit ,  so you might consider  boring , which would
get
you closer ,  but stroker cranks don' t grow on trees ,  so the small block
Chev
would probably get you in the ball park more readily , considerably cheaper
,  and
you' ll have lots of revs available , for sure  .    However  those little
241 "  Dodge
and your larger  De Soto  Hemis are really cool nostalgia powerplants ,  and
if you
decide to go that route ------  The  Firepower  Route  ------  then  I
suggest you
contact my pal  Dan  Hostetter  from  San  Diego  .  He' s an old salt rat
and dry
lakes guy ,  and a member of the  San  Diego  Roadster  Club  from way back .
     He runs a glass deuce  3  window coupe  w / early hemi ,  and  his tow
vehicle
is an identical  " real  steel "  coupe  that  Henry  built  -------  a neat
sight to see
the one towing it' s twin brother  .
    If you care to ,  contact me  " off list "  for  Dan' s  address and tel.
 number  -----
he can give you the straight scoop on those baby hemis  .     However ,  I
myself
would agree with  Skip --------  if you wanna go  "  the fastest for the
cheapest  " ,
a  301" /  302 " or  305 "  small block chev is  THE  WAY  to go  !
      Again ,  welcome to this list ,  George  ,  and you and  I  can  bench
race
" oldaze " drags going back to  53 / 54 / 55 ------------
        Bruce  Ferguson  on  the  Connecticut  Shoreline
                            FastmetalBDF@aol.com