Re: Youngsters

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Youngsters
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 11:27:29 -0800 (PST)
John,
My 14 year old daughter is the envy of her
school.  When I ran the little Geo Storm last
summer by default (no real race car ready and
it's better to race slow than watch fast) she was
so excited she didn't sleep for two nights.  It's
 HER car you know - or at least when she turns 16
and gets her driver's license.  She wanted to be
sure it would get a plaque on the dash that
informed anybody at school who got close enough
that HER car was a land speed record holder.

She said she'd like to drive it herself at
Maxton, but only if I was with her.  That might
be a thought.  A class for kids under 12 for
driving junior dragster-type cars, and a class to
allow teens who want to drive with their dad (or
mom) in a regular car with them. Any of the under
125 cars could accomodate this. It's also a good
way to make sure the speed is limited whether
it's in a small production car or the junk-yard
Camaro Vee-6 idea.  Let the kid drive, but make
sure the parent/co-pilot holds the speed down to
75 or whatever is appropriate.
Let's face it, 75 to a teenager on a real race
track track would be a thrill.
Just thinking in print here.

=====
......(In East Texas)........