bolts

To: saltracer@netscape.net
Subject: bolts
From: Finishline Coatings <lona@finishlinecoatings.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:30:30 -0800
Hi Phillip
If your bolts are in single shear, I would not use hex shoulder bolts.
Allen shoulder bolts from most bolt manufacturers are grade 8 or
better.  I still wouldn't use them in single shear because they are
relieved under the head also.  I don't like to see any suspension
brackets in single shear. I feel they all should be in double shear.
You mentioned A-arms..are you using a I.F.S. on the front of your
roadster? or did you mean radius rods?  If your suspension parts are in
single shear be sure the flat washer is big enough diameter and thick
enough to keep the part on the bolt if the bushing or rod end fail.
Russ Meeks
#902 XO M.R.--The garbage truck motor man