Dose Damned Dirty Devilish Dubious Doubtful Deleteable Dumb

To: dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com
Subject: Dose Damned Dirty Devilish Dubious Doubtful Deleteable Dumb
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:04:41 EST
              DOUG   ------  I'm watching all of this  ------  quite  amuslng
 !
Can't  believe  it's  ALL  over   DOORPANELS    !!!!!!      When  I  was  in
the  thick
of the  Gasser  Wars ,   we  didn't care ,  as  long  as  inside of door was
not gutted .
        Guys ran stock panels --- aluminum panels ( class! ) --- wall
paneling ( really ),
and various other fabric coverings, which all met the  NHRA rules of the era .
 Some would do justice to a show car from a visual viewpoint alone .   As
you well
know, I have been to a drag event or two in my day,  and  I  have probably
heard
every protest imaginable against another car owner ----- a truly amazing
variety ,
and, also,  an incredible array of  loser's " cry - baby " excuses ------
HOWEVER ,
 I  have   NEVER ,  EVER  heard a protest lodged about  ILLEGAL   DOOR
PANELS  ------   I  would guess that  ALL  competitors didn't view the choice
of inner
door coverings as a major factor, or particular advantage in winning, even in
a really
close race where neither of us would know who the winner was .
      We all know such matters should be resolved not only before tech
inspection,
but before the car rolls out the garage door -----
      Your dad is in complete agreement with you on this one -----
especially from
the  standpoint of  SAFETY  !!!     SAFETY  must  ALWAYS  be  THE  PRIME
CONSIDERATION  in the design and construction of   ANY  RACING  vehicle , and
we're all aware less flammable material in the cockpit, or anywhere in the
car ,
equates to a safer ride .  My own ( two cent ) viewpoint, regarding the
panels in a
PRODUCTION  class car  -------  it should be an  OPTION  to replace a stock
inner door panel with a panel of aluminum, or other ( ??? ) non - flammable
material,
as long as it fully covers the very same area that the factory item did
-----  I  repeat
ONLY  an  OPTION  to the car owner / builder .  That's  my  bottom line .
---------- Aren't  you glad you and  I  and  Darrell  didn't have to HASSLE
this one out ???
                                         DAD