Fire Supression

To: "'Dan Warner'" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Fire Supression
From: "Ferguson, Darrell" <dfergus@bactc.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 13:33:07 -0800
Dan and List

        I talked at great length with Jim Diest last year concerning the
installation of the COLDFIRE halon replacement system. While he was very
specific about the optimum location of nozzles and plumbing the system as a
"loop" he assured me that the new system is a vast improvement over halon.
Jim informed me that COLDFIRE is much more effective than halon because it
not only suppresses the fire, but removes heat to prevent re-ignition. As a
result, COLDFIRE achieves the same results with much less agent. Keep in
mind however that there are very specific installation considerations for
COLDFIRE, and that the new agent and older halon systems ARE NOT
interchangeable. For details, I would recommend contacting Diest.

Darrell Ferguson
BLACK RADON ENGINEERING
# 939 BBFALT
http://my.cybersoup.com/blackradon <http://my.cybersoup.com/blackradon>