dangerous drivers

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net land-speed@autox.team.net"
Subject: dangerous drivers
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 08:02:52 -0700
This one just had to be passed on to someone who will appreciate it!
With the stories of road rage on the news, I heard one this morning that
sets a new dumb standard for endangering other drivers.
Police, this morning, arrested a West Valley, UT man after he lost control
of the stolen Hertz rent-a-car he was driving on I-80 near the south shore
of the Great Salt Lake.  He was taken directly to jail, after the high-speed
chase which reached speeds of 115 miles per hour, because of unpaid warrents
totalling over $100,000 as a result of FIFTEEN other previous high-speed
chase arrests.
He is 19!
And people wonder why we won't allow rent-a-cars to run in the 130 Club!
Wes