Re: FIA rules

To: "David Haller" <dhaller@techline.com>
Subject: Re: FIA rules
From: Ugo Fadini <ugo.fadini@abc.it>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 17:16:13 +0100
David (and all concerned),

I don't know if anybody answered your question already (for some reson I do
not get all the messages from the list), but anyway, for the FIA record
attempts rules go to the FIA web site (www.fia.com): click "Technical &
Sporting regulations" under the Motorsports heading, then "Technical
Regulations" and then check the "Appendix B" (Classification of Vehicles
for Record Attempts) and "Appendix D" (Regulations for record Attempts).
The information about the FIA licence should also be there, although I have
not checked.

There isn't a list of the current records on the site, though, and the FIA
has not published a new one since the mid-70's (I have one dated 1973 and
apparently there was another in 1977 and that was it). Why? That is a
mistery to me, and probably accounts for the disaffection most of the
americans (but not all) show for the FIA certification.
It definitely isn't fair, in view of the fact thet they charge money for
the certification and that supposedly they hold the list in the interest of
us all: racers, historians, fans...

Ugo Fadini