Coil Overs

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Coil Overs
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 21:06:54 -0700
Well, winter has set in, along with my medical condition, ADD
(Adrenaline Deficit Disorder). For therapy, I am tackling a number of
changes to the Vette. Currently I am getting rid of the transverse leaf
spring set-up and installing coil-overs on 4 corners. This will give me
almost 5 inches of height adjustment, which I really need to get it down
in the dirt. Opinions sought here: The only thing I haven't bought is
springs. I have a choice of 320 lb or 450 lb. For B'ville either would
be OK, but I am planning on running the car on the lakes (Mirage/Muroc)
Having never driven on that surface (at speed) would the softer or
stiffer spring rate work better?
Ed