RE: Potatoe Battery???

To: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>,
Subject: RE: Potatoe Battery???
From: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 14:05:08 -0700 (PDT)
Potatoe battery??? Hmmm.  USFRA runs a bar stool
class.  I saw a neat picture of a small block
chase lounge from the Maxton meet whcih could be
a neat class.  Anybody thought of starting a
potatoe battery class?

Seriously.  I know what you mean Doug - I've been
a bigger is better all my life guy.  If I could
bore it out .30,000 more and make it a 446
instead of a 440, I'd go for it.  But there is a
certain satisfaction in taking some miniscule
thing that was originally designed for the
parking lot a Wal Mart and making it go ten times
it's designed speed capability. I raced harleys
for a long time, and lest I invoke the rath of
the Milwaukee Mob, after a while I switched to a
rice burner (I had this unexplainable desire to
finish a race without breaking.)  Now don't get
me wrong, I still love Harley, and I ride one
even now, but the first time I shifted that
little rice burner at 13,900 RPM it was a whole
different world! And the irony of it was, it was
less than the size of one of the Harley's
pistons, and I was going way, way faster!  Go
figure.
But you got one good point - it should be a V-8,
and spark plugs are supposed to be in the middle
of the valve covers!  ha ha

i think driving one
> of these would be just as
> >exiting as driving something powered by a
> potato battery from a sixth grade
> >science experiment , with a little added
> noise.
> >
> >doug ferguson
> >black radon engineering

=====