New XXO/VGC Record

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: New XXO/VGC Record
From: Drylakercr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 01:09:52 EDT
Hello all!

Well, I set my second XXO/VGC record for the season this last weekend at El
Mirage. My dad and I knew that our '39 coupe with the 6 cyl. Jimmy had it in
her. I drove her to 140.888 the first run breaking my dad's record of 140.77
made in July. It was a fun ride besides the fact that it was great to share
the day with all who were there to help me celebrate (especially my dad, my
spouse who was in tow for the weekend, Jim Tone and Dan Warner).

Take care all--

Katie Young Cortez
XXO-VGC record holder (thanks to my dad's great mechanics!)
car #256