Gasup

To: Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gasup
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 15:20:32 -0700
Hello Group,
Went down to Buellton to the Gold Coast Roadster's GasUp. It was my
second trip to Jack Mendenhall's Museum. The first time was in 1994 to a
200 MPH Club function. There have been major changes since then. Lots
more stuff on display and I understand that it has been open to the
public for the last couple of years.

I got visit with Wes for a bit, bench raced with the racers I see at
least yearly, and saw some old friends that I hadn't seen for quite a
long time. The food was good, there were several great race cars on
display, including cars from "Yesteryear", the stars of the show, Ab
Jenkin's Mormon Meteor and the Kenz & Leslie Wynn's Special #777 that
made its last run at Speedweek 1957, the first year I went to
Bonneville.

>From what I was able to find out , the World Finals is still scheduled.
Everyone is keeping their fingers crossed, hoping the drying will
continue.

Tom