Re: Progress on roadster

To: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Progress on roadster
From: "John Linville" <bellytk@nh.ultranet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:14:55 -0400
John, we mocked up an 8BA block standing on its nose, the bellhousing and a
chevy four speed and aligned everything  with the input shaft to the tranny
centered on the crank.  With this all in place, we then transferred the 8BA
holes to the Lakewood.  We were amazed that they all fit on the bellhousing
flange.  Also marked the outside of 8BA block flange on the bellhousing
flange.  Drilled the holes, plasma cut on the dotted line to eliminate extra
bellhousing flange and presto.  Like I said we ran this for five years in
the dragster (11.9 @109 with 283" 8BA on alcohol) with no problems.  If I
were a street rodder using a late flathead I wouldn't hesitate to go this
way.  You know, I don't think I have ever seen this as a tech tip in any
rodder magazine.   Hope Dick jumps on ArdunDoug's offer if he wants to go
this way, righteous price for one all done.  Guy on Cape Cod who bought my
dragster is supposed to turn my cardboard template into a milar one so I can
roll it in a tube and share it with others.
                                                            regards, John