Re: Twin Turbo's

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Twin Turbo's
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 07:17:23 -0700
Keith,
The only problem I have with the turbo chargers, is that they kill the
sound of the engine, not to big a price to pay for performance though, I
suppose.

Jerry Kugel has been one of the most successful people on the salt with
turbos. He ran 247 MPH with a twin-turboed 260 cu. in a high boy
roadster many years ago. Of course this years performance was
significant also. I have seen several sharp tuners try turbos with poor
results. Teague ran them for a time with little success, Kugel tried
larger units one year with negative results, too. Like any other
configuration, you have to find the right combination.  It is said that
you are always at sea level with turbos, if the air is thinner, they
just turn faster. Go for it!

Tom