Camaro Question

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Camaro Question
From: "John Linville" <bellytk@nh.ultranet.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 20:11:09 -0400
My neighbor is doing a '41 Lincoln with '96 vette front and rear suspension,
a 454, and a T-56 trans.  He is having clutch problems so I told him I would
ask any Camaro guys that are on here.  He is using a "Brute" 10 1/2 inch
diaphragm pressure plate sold to him by a local parts store, not a speed
shop, for a 90's V8 camaro.  The problem is when he used manual clutch
linkage it was extremely hard to use and when he switched to a hydraulic
throughout bearing, it moves up to the pressure plate and won't depress the
clutch.  He is using a 1" Tilton master cylinder.  He knows it is vented and
the bearing is brand new and he has measured the bearing travel and has
enough left when the bearing hits the fingers to depress the pressure plate.
Any experience with this type pressure plate or any ideas? Lee will really
appreciate any help.   Car is beautiful, was a V-12 rust free car but he
watch Barretts auctions and figures the hot rod lincolns bring 20-30 percent
more than the stock restored ones.  He is a retired Navy yard worker and
every bracket is a work of art.  I am truly envious and wish he would build
some for the Anglia.
                                                                  John
Linville (NH)