Belt camshaft drives

To: "land-speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Belt camshaft drives
From: "Chris R Harris" <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 11:58:47 +1200
LSR friends,
                 I'm gathering parts to build a new 'C' class gas engine
and have always liked the camshaft belt drive concept. They are light,
strong, easily adjustable, and apparently due to the belt itself have
harmonic dampening capabilities generated by the valve gear. All this is a
major 'plus' for a land speed engine. On the down side they tend to be
expensive and why don't the NASCAR boys use them ? Lets face it no one in
the World builds better pushrod, stock block mills than them. I would
appreciate comment on the subject.
Chris Harris, 397 C/FR.  New Zealand.