Re: Salt

To: "John Beckett" <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>,
Subject: Re: Salt
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 16:30:07 -0700
Yeah being new to the racing environment in general I too would like to
hear about the conditions out there and what influences I should look at
weather wise.  What are the weather patterns that are favorable and what
are the weather patterns that aren't...

For those new to the List... Rick Vesco had a really killer article in BRN
the month after Speed week last year about the salt conditions.... His
point was that just because everything was good last year doesn't mean the
problem is fixed or that the salt will automatically come back... there is
still a need for Pressing Riley and the BLM to make sure that guys like me
will have a racing surface 20 yrs from now...

Keith

----------
land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Salt
> Date: Sunday, April 04, 1999 11:19 AM
>
>       Dan
>
>       Great to have you on board. Working on those ECTA stats. Sorry it takes
me
> so long.
>       Since your probably the closest to the "Salt" of any on the list so
far...
> how about giving us any up-dates on the winter weather, pumping project
and
> general salt conditions. If your near your crystal ball, maybe some
> predictions for the '99 season?
>       Hope the USFRA has a super '99 World of Speed.
>
>       John Beckett
>
> At 11:07 AM 4/2/99 -0700, Daniel Wright wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >I want to say hi to all the folks on the list.  I have been reading and
> >learning with great interest for the past couple of weeks, and hope to
> >learn a lot more.  I am fairly new to salt flats racing.  I've been
> >involved in working with the USFRA for the past three years, learning
the
> >ropes as a tech inspector at the past two World of Speed events.  I have
> >been a hot rodder and an occasional drag racer for many years.  My
current
> >project is the addition of a 6-71 blower to the early hemi in my '33
> >Plymouth coupe streetrod.  I am in the process of trying to get a new
Web