Re: Electronic Fuel injection...

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electronic Fuel injection...
From: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 12:17:09 -0500
At 06:09 PM 3/31/99 -0800, Keith Turk wrote:
>Noticed Holley had a ton of new stuff while I was at their booth... and
>John Beckett was playing with a neat looking Manifold with a couple of what
>appeared to be Throttle bodies...
>
>Hey John.. mind telling us a little about it?

        Well, it's a home made intake, based on a tunnel ram. There are two
throttle bodies on top. Various possible sizes give the potential to run
between 1,000 and 2,400 cfm, depending on the engine used. Plan on 55 lb.
injectors for the 304 cid. Lots of conflicting info out here on injector
sizing. Looks like we will use a Speed-Pro computer with wide band O2 to
help adjust the fuel curve.  The data logging feature should help a bunch
too. Hope to have it all running by the May meet...the Maxton
dyno...looking to beat our 183 MPH mark.

John Beckett
#79, D/GCC record holder
#179, D/FCC record holder
#1179, E/GCC record holder