--===============3887802639644542485==
--0000000000008ff536065c14132b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Hi Richard -
The axles can build up cracks over time with alot of back and forth
application of loads. Generally not an issue on big healeys because the
axles are short (less tortional stress) and the cars are not heavy. I
broke an axle on my A90, easy to do!
That said if you are going up and down hills all the time, you can build up
stress fractures then it finally goes.
Thankfully a pretty easy fix.
Best,
Alan
On Mon, Sep 21, 2026 at 4:38=E2=80=AFPM Richard Antal via Healeys <
healeys@autox.team.net> wrote:
> The right rear axle broke. Does imply a defect in the metal casting. No
> trauma to the axle that I can recall. I'm just glad it's not the clutch o=
r
> transmission..
> Rich Antal
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
> http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
>
> Healeys@autox.team.net
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healey.nut@gmail.com
>
>
--0000000000008ff536065c14132b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi Richard -<div><br></div><div>The axles can build up cra=
cks over time with alot of back and forth application of loads.=C2=A0 Gener=
ally not an issue on big healeys because the axles are short (less tortiona=
l stress) and the cars are not heavy.=C2=A0 I broke an axle on my A90, easy=
to do!<br><br>That said if you are going up and down hills all the time, y=
ou can build up stress fractures then it finally goes.<br><br>Thankfully a =
pretty easy fix.</div><div><br></div><div>Best,</div><div><br></div><div>Al=
an</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir=
=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Sep 21, 2026 at 4:38=E2=80=AFPM Richa=
rd Antal via Healeys <<a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net">healeys@=
autox.team.net</a>> wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" st=
yle=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padd=
ing-left:1ex"><div><div style=3D"font-family:"Helvetica Neue",Hel=
vetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px"><div dir=3D"ltr">The right rear axl=
e broke. Does imply a defect in the metal casting. No trauma to the axle th=
at I can recall. I'm just glad it's not the clutch or transmission.=
.</div><div dir=3D"ltr">Rich Antal</div></div></div>_______________________=
________________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank">Healeys@autox.t=
eam.net</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/healey.nut@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/healeys/healey.nut@gmail.com</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>
--0000000000008ff536065c14132b--
--===============3887802639644542485==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
Healeys@autox.team.net
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
--===============3887802639644542485==--
|