[Healeys] Fwd: [BMCU] Austin Healey for sale.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Fwd: [BMCU] Austin Healey for sale.
From: Mark Bradakis via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 07:25:03 -0700
 From our club list here in Salt Lake City.

mjb.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [BMCU] Austin Healey for sale.
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 15:11:13 -0700
From: B Davis <wld3rd@gmail.com>
To: BMCU-Members <bmcu-members@googlegroups.com>

To all BMCU folks
        Iâ??ve been asked by a friend that I know for some help in selling a
1955
BN2. Hoping it can be concluded in a week/next weekend or so if possible.

        Here is a description of:

GOOD THINGS:

It's an Austin Healey BN2

Seats look like they had been reupholstered at some point and appear to
be in good shape. A carpet kit might have been ordered but it is
scattered about. Hard to tell if it is all there. At least one door
panel appears to have been recovered.

Been garaged since it has been in storage.

Has the correct engine in it. Not sure it is the one it was born with.

Appears to have the original radiator.

Hood has been louvered but not in the usual way. This could be either
good or bad depending upon your personal taste.

NOT SO GOOD THINGS

Has been sitting for at least 20 years and possibly more. As a result,
the engine appears to be stuck. Tried to get it to move a couple of
different ways to no avail. Since it cannot be driven, the condition of
the transmission and the rest of the drivetrain/brakes cannot be assessed.

Needs a complete paint job. Current color is grey primer - car was
stripped to repaint it and it never finished. It got as far as being
primer-ed, supposedly professionally not Walmart rattle can paint. In
the process a good chunk of the exterior bits that were taken off are no
where to be found. Does have the grill and the headlight rings, rear
lenses, bumper brackets and bumpers but that was all that could be
located after a good look see. Original color I think was white but not
positive. It was a cramped, semi-dark and dusty garage.
Needs completely rewired. Someone started but was using colored house
wiring and then stopped. Supposedly a proper wiring harness was ordered
at some point but it is no where to be found at present.

Trans is 4 speed which is good. Not positive but I think some also came
equipped with 3 speeds. Couldnâ??t verify it it has an overdrive but there
doesnâ??t appear to have the OD switch on the dash.

Car has hit in the left rear corner but but it was not a big one. But it
was hard enough to bend and rip out a brace which is still un-repaired.
Think it is the mounting point for the bumper brakets. Someone did pound
out the dent but not very well so I suspect that there is some bondo in
that corner. Also there appears to be some bondo in the right rear
quarter and possibly the rocker panels. Also the right rear corner has a
metal panel installed in the bottom of the quarter panel. Some welding
has been done. Not sure what is underneath the panel.

 From what I could see, there is some rust on the undercarriage but my
opinion is that rust is a moderate issue on this car. Not possible to
get it on a lift to check closer. Certainly not a rust bucket.

Mileage unknown and what is there cannot be verifed.

No title at present. Car may not have ever been titled and registered in
the present owners name. Family is selling the car. Would be sold on a
bill of sale.

        Have some pictures I can send if interested. Contact me directly at
WLD3RD@gmail.com or 801 860 6975. May be difficult or impossible to
arrange an in person inspection.        In conclusion, I would describe this
as a project but one with good bones.

        Best offer

Bill Davis

--