Re: [Healeys] Radiator supports. Another "Concours " question.

To: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Radiator supports. Another "Concours " question.
From: Roland Wilhelmy <sentenac.rw@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 20:02:07 -0700
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net

--000000000000b6a3030605995e80

I would bet that that apprentice charged with supplying paint had some grey
or white paint left over and rather than throw out scarce paint mixed it
into black until it looked black enough.  It was used up by the next batch.
-Roland

On Sun, Sep 17, 2023, 7:52 PM Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm working on a very low mileage BN2 and have discovered that the 2
> radiator support brackets, one of which has the rubber bonnet stay clip on
> it aren't actually black. They are a dark grey actually the same colour as
> the industrial shelving in my garage?
> These are definitely the original colour and never been repainted.
> In this pic one is shown next to fresh gloss black.
> Anyone encountered this before?

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/sentenac.rw@gmail.com

--000000000000b6a3030605995e80

aint had some grey or white paint left over and rather than throw out scarc=
e paint mixed it into black until it looked black enough.=C2=A0 It was used=
lass=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Sep 17, =
2023, 7:52 PM Michael Salter &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:michaelsalter@gmail.com"=
_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:=
1ex"><div dir=3D"auto">I&#39;m working on a very low mileage BN2 and have d=
iscovered that the 2 radiator support brackets, one of which has the rubber=
 bonnet stay clip on it aren&#39;t actually black. They are a dark grey act=
ually the same colour as the industrial shelving in my garage?=C2=A0<div di=
r=3D"auto">These are definitely the original colour and never been repainte=
d.</div><div dir=3D"auto">In this pic one is shown next to fresh gloss blac=
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <=
a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferrer noreferr=