[Healeys] GB Oil Leak

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] GB Oil Leak
From: Roger Grace <roggrace@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 20:18:25 -0700

--000000000000aa66a305eb326edd

BJ8 with MT 90 oil in transmission.
I am struggling with an oil leak from the drain plug on my transmission.
The tapered thread plug, not the brass OD one.
On my last attempt I carefully cleaned the plug and the case thread.
Then used used that white Permatex thread sealant.
Little improvement.
Kept tightening with lot more torque with 16in breaker bar plus pipe.
Some minor improvement.
Fearing damage, now reluctant to do any more tightening.
A colleague suggests that Permatex form a gasket aviation stuff - liquid
sealant in a tin ...
Is this a common issue - maybe a new plug ?
Ideas please and your collective wisdom appreciated.
rg

--000000000000aa66a305eb326edd

m struggling with an oil leak from the drain plug on my transmission.</div>=
hen used used that white Permatex thread sealant.</div><div>Little improvem=
ent.</div><div>Kept tightening with lot more torque with 16in breaker bar p=
eluctant to do any more tightening.</div><div>A colleague suggests that Per=
matex form a gasket aviation stuff - liquid sealant in a tin ...</div><div>=
Is this a common issue - maybe a new plug ?</div><div>

--000000000000aa66a305eb326edd--

--===============5354496985284568172==