Re: [Healeys] Healeys without opinions

To: "javrugtman@htcnet.org" <javrugtman@htcnet.org>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys without opinions
From: healeyguy--- via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 19:50:14 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>

------=_Part_654569_123096481.1648497014686

JohnI have sold a few cars over the years but I'm not a dealer.=C2=A0 Have =
found the best for me was to advertise locally first.=C2=A0 The local Craig=
slist is a starting point.=C2=A0 Let your local car clubs know that the car=
 is available, and it doesn't have to be a British only club. The reason I =
suggest local first is seems to be easier to work out the details, title tr=
ansfers, shipping, and most importantly they can travel to see the car.=C2=
=A0=C2=A0
Next set a price and stick to it.=C2=A0 Everyone will try to knock another =
$500 off the sale price. Do not use the term "asking" in the advert.=C2=A0
Always request that the potential buyer, who has traveled to look at the ca=
r and is telling you that your price is too high, for a firm offer for your=
 consideration before he/she walks out of the garage. Make sure you have th=
eir contact info, to get back to them.=C2=A0 Write it down along with their=
 offer price on a piece of paper in their presence and show it to them to m=
ake sure it is accurate.=C2=A0=C2=A0If that does not work and after you thi=
nk you have waited long enough without success (that varies greatly) expand=
 your area. Don't get to upset when the tire kickers show up or potential b=
yers cancel their appointment with you. You are presenting your car to a sm=
all group of potential byers compared to many other makes and models.=C2=A0
As with many things, the motivation factor, as in lack of motivation, will =
show up along this path. We have had the red car for 57 years and we are no=
t much younger than you.=C2=A0 I sometimes ponder what will become of it wh=
en that inevitable time comes.=C2=A0 My wife keeps saying she gets to go fi=
rst so that she does not have to clean up the mess.....
All the best to you=C2=A0Perry