Re: [Healeys] Platform lift

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Platform lift
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 07:30:28 -0700

--------------7CCE8EEF2A9599ED38A2F523

I don't know how high you need to lift, but I got one of these (on sale
at Costco--maybe you have an equivalent 'box' store--for $1,000 a while
back).

https://www.quickjack.com/car-lifts/bl-5000slx/

Gets the car up high enough to just get under it with a creeper (it has
safety locks). My BN2 is up on one now, I'll grab a photo later if you
like. And, no, I don't think it's a good idea to lift under the outriggers.

Bob

On 4/13/2021 6:14 AM, Simon Lachlan via Healeys wrote:

> You may all wearily recall that I asked about lifts some weeks ago. I
> haven?t thanked you, until now, for your replies as the search is
> still ongoing.
>
> So-called lockdown has slowed everything down as one hasn?t really
> been allowed to cavort around the country buying lifts. And they all
> seem to be miles away and cost a fortune to deliver. It seems slightly
> counter-intuitive to pay, say, £1000:00 for something and have it
> delivered for, say, £250:00???
>
> So, the little MaxJax isn?t licenced over here. And other short two
> posters are few and far between.
>
> Scissors lifts seem to be an option, but they all look rather frail.
>
> I?ve located a Nussbaum Sprinter 1300 within easy driving distance.
> It?s a straightforward mid-rise scissors, but looks better than most.
> Germany rather than PRC.
>
> However, it looks, like most scissors, to be a bad fit. See attachments.
>
> Issue is that the chassis rails are too close together to get anywhere
> near the platforms.
>
> Has anyone got something similar and managed to work with it?
>
> I presume that lifting the car on the outriggers is a Nono?
>
> I believe that the car is 1540mm wide and that one could thus raise it
> on the sills. (Making way for the side exit exhaust!) Wouldn?t that work?
>
> Any ideas? The auction ends late tomorrow so am in a bit of a rush.
>
> Nussbaum manual also attached. The widths don?t match with those on
> the diagram?.I gather that one could choose a width out of the factory
> which, presumably explains the discrepancy. Of course, it?s possible
> that I could tailor the width still further, but I don?t want the car
> raised up on too narrow a longitudinal axis.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Simon

--------------7CCE8EEF2A9599ED38A2F523

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
    I don't know how high you need to lift, but I got one of these (on
    sale at Costco--maybe you have an equivalent 'box' store--for $1,000
    a while back). <br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://www.quickjack.com/car-lifts/bl-5000slx/";>https://www.quickjack.com/car-lifts/bl-5000slx/</a><br>
    Gets the car up high enough to just get under it with a creeper (it
    has safety locks). My BN2 is up on one now, I'll grab a photo later
    if you like. And, no, I don't think it's a good idea to lift under
    the outriggers.<br>
    Bob<br>
      Healeys wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:000001d73067$01cfcf80$056f6e80$@alexarevel.plus.com">
        charset=windows-1252">
        medium)">
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
        {margin:0cm;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;}.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
          about lifts some weeks ago. I haven?t thanked you, until now,
          for your replies as the search is still ongoing.<o:p></o:p></p>
          down as one hasn?t really been allowed to cavort around the
          country buying lifts. And they all seem to be miles away and
          cost a fortune to deliver. It seems slightly counter-intuitive
          to pay, say, £1000:00 for something and have it delivered for,
          say, £250:00???<o:p></o:p></p>
          here. And other short two posters are few and far
between.<o:p></o:p></p>
          they all look rather frail.<o:p></o:p></p>
          within easy driving distance. It?s a straightforward mid-rise
          scissors, but looks better than most. Germany rather than
PRC.<o:p></o:p></p>
          be a bad fit. See attachments.<o:p></o:p></p>
          close together to get anywhere near the platforms.<o:p></o:p></p>
          managed to work with it?<o:p></o:p></p>
          outriggers is a Nono?<o:p></o:p></p>
          that one could thus raise it on the sills. (Making way for the
          side exit exhaust!) Wouldn?t that work?<o:p></o:p></p>
          so am in a bit of a rush.<o:p></o:p></p>
          don?t match with those on the diagram?.I gather that one could
          choose a width out of the factory which, presumably explains
          the discrepancy. Of course, it?s possible that I could tailor
          the width still further, but I don?t want the car raised up on
          too narrow a longitudinal axis.<o:p></o:p></p>

--------------7CCE8EEF2A9599ED38A2F523--

--===============4747255784065216522==