Re: [Healeys] 100 manifolds/ air cleaner finsh

To: S and T Miller <stmiller96@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 manifolds/ air cleaner finsh
From: Michael Salter via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 08:44:41 -0400
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>

--000000000000fc6f6605bee89899

I have a theory that the paint they used just didn't stick to aluminium.
Could be wrong but sure would help explain the unpainted starter end and
the intake manifolds.
The oil filter adaptor does however tend to belay my theory.

On Thu., Apr. 1, 2021, 8:32 a.m. S and T Miller via Healeys, <
healeys@autox.team.net> wrote:

> To give a some background on my project. I'm working on a 56' standard 100
> BN2. 90k mile car stored indoors for over 40 years.  Some areas of the car
> are amazingly original/ clean/ untouched. But of course it has its demons
> as well. So I'm doing a lot of "preservation" where possible, and
> restoration where needed.
>
> Anyway, in reading the concours standards it sounds like the standard 100
> intake manifold and exhaust manifold are painted engine color? I have
> traces of engine color on the balance pipe, but absolutely nothing on the
> intakes.
>
> I was thinking of painting the air cleaners with hammortone
> silver/aluminum paint and overpainting with a light coat of engine color,
> but was interested in what others have done to achieve the correct look?
>
> Thanks all, Shawn
>
> The Millers
>
> "Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a test
> drive."
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gmail.com

--000000000000fc6f6605bee89899

stick to aluminium.=C2=A0<div dir=3D"auto">Could be wrong but sure would he=
lp explain the unpainted starter end and the intake manifolds.</div><div di=
r=3D"auto">The oil filter adaptor does however tend to belay my theory.</di=
l_attr">On Thu., Apr. 1, 2021, 8:32 a.m. S and T Miller via Healeys, &lt;<a=
 href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";>healeys@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrot=
e:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;bo=
rder-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

standard 100 BN2. 90k mile car stored indoors for over 40 years.=C2=A0 Some=
 areas of the car are amazingly original/ clean/ untouched. But of course i=
t has its demons as well. So I&#39;m doing a lot
 of &quot;preservation&quot; where possible, and restoration where needed.=
=C2=A0</div>
100 intake manifold and exhaust manifold are painted engine color? I have t=
races of engine color on the balance pipe, but absolutely nothing on the in=
takes.=C2=A0</div>
minum paint and overpainting with a light coat of engine color, but was int=
erested in what others have done to achieve the correct look?</div>
=C2=A0<br>
&quot;Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a tes=
t drive.&quot;<br>

rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <=