[Healeys] Shroud Repair.

Subject: [Healeys] Shroud Repair.
From: ahbt71 at gmail.com (Mike Tobin)
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 16:29:24 -0600
I've got  a couple-inch gap on the rear shroud at the flange bend.  What's
the best way to deal with it? I'd rather do it myself - just because that's
how I'm approaching the restoration.
I've got  MIG welder and I closed a couple small tears in the front shroud
 with it.  I also fill a small hole by using a copper spoon behind the
hole.  When I was done grinding ithe fixes came out OK. I'm hesitating to
use the spoon on a hole this size. The metal is also pretty thin there from
corrosian. I could use fiberglass, I suppose, , but I'd rather not.

I've been surprised by the amount of factory-applied filler I've uncovered
on both shrouds.  At first I thought I thought it was damage repair with
the first owner, but then I noticed that the reverse sides of the shrouds
showed no sign of trauma - the filler was used not to fill but to shape the
contour..

Cheers and Thanks Again,
Mike Tobin
Townsend, Montana