[Healeys] rear wheel movement

To: "list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] rear wheel movement
From: "wpollock@inbox" <wpollock@inbox.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 19:49:10 -0500
Today I jacked the rear of the my car to remove the rear wheels.  With the car
in 4th gear,while removing the knockoffs,I noted I could move the rear wheels
3/8 to 1/2 inch back and forth before feeling the the resistance from the
transmission.  I haven't noted this large amount of play in the rear wheels
before and my question is,have I missed this movement in the past or do I have
excessive play in the rear.  With a tape I marked each hub and than with a
finger moved the hub  and the measurement is the same on both sides.
I appreciate any ideas or suggestions.

Bill Pollock
100-6