Re: [Healeys] EOS has been discontinued by GM

To: bspidell@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] EOS has been discontinued by GM
From: glemon@neb.rr.com
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:54:17 -0500
I don't know if it the enviro Nazis or changing times that have led to
the phase out the GM EOS, when I went to the local Buick dealer he said
not many people buy it any more, couple that with a recent visits to a
couple machine shops, "nobody rebuilds engines anymore, except you
classic car guys" maybe despite our interest in the much larger regular
car world this is a low demand product.

I found some Exxon 20w-50 that was still SL rated, but I am going to go
with Brad Penn Green Racing Oil for my first oil change after the run
in with straight 30W (SL rated, with a can of EOS added for good
measure).

It was recommended to me by a guy in the club the deals in lubricants
for trucks, and a local vendor is selling it for $36 a case, not much
more than Castrol.

I have no financial interest and no experience yet with the product,
but it is purported to have everything you need in it.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1