Woodrim wheel kickback

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Woodrim wheel kickback
From: "William Moyer" <William.Moyer@millersville.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:23:32 -0400
I haven't noticed kickback with mine, if I understand what that is,  but
then I don't take quite as many sliding turns as I used to.  I do notice
an increase in steering effort but that might also be due to having
power steering in my daily driver.  It's not a big deal except when I'm
turning the wheel and the car is still or moving very slowly as in
parallel parking or backing out of a space.  It's not just a function of
the percentage change in effort it's also how sensitive you are to the
change.  Psychophysics not just physics.  Or maybe I'm getting weaker as
the years go by.  The metal steering wheel is much firmer, the OEM wheel
in my car had a lot more "wiggle" in it and I like the more solid feel
as well as the appearance.  I also find myself using it more for support
to get in and out of the car so there's that age thing going again.
Gone are the days when I would leap over the door and onto the seat.
Even if I could do it I'd be afraid of going through the floor pan.

Bill Moyer, BJ7