Re: Cigar lighter and battery block

To: "P.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Subject: Re: Cigar lighter and battery block
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 09:11:08 +0800
Jack -

I see you got a good response on the wood block.

On the cigar lighter, I understand this was a dealer installed
accessory, so there is no set location for this.  I have seen dealer
installations along the centre console on some BJ8s, none of them very
attractive if you ask me.

I might suggest that you simply use the front machine screw which
holds the centre console to the centre switch panel.  You can attach
an aftermarket cigar lighter to this screw very easily and it will put
the cigar lighter right underneath the dashboard... this spot is very
inconspicious and looks very original.  No modification necessary.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8