re: merlin engines

To: healeymanjim@JoiMail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: re: merlin engines
From: "WILLIAM B LAWRENCE" <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 05:42:15 +0000
Jim,

I was at Phan Rang, RVN in 1971-72 and as I recall there were two USAF
squadrons of AC-119s I don't remember their squadron designations, but they
were called Specter and Stinger. There was also a VNAF squadron called the
Black Dragons. You didn't say when you flew them, but if the time is right I
may have watched you take off (while remaining safely on the ground). These
planes seem to be pretty much ignored in military history. I guess the
AC-130 gets most of the attention.

Bill Lawrence