Re: If the Concours Committee........

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: If the Concours Committee........
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 16:14:18 -0400
I feel like the little kid who poked a sleeping lion with a stick.

Jeez, all I wanted to say this morning was that it looks like we'll have a
terrific turn out of cars to be judged at the Conclave this year, way better
than we've seen in years.

Now if anybody cares.......
The National Concours Committee is a completely independent entity,
therefore with no steerage abilities from any clubs or well meaning groups.
Our only source of income is the sales of the Guidelines / Policies package.
We judges finance our own way to the event......and no I wouldn't personally
be going this year if it were not for the judging responsibility. How's that
for being a little nuts??<grin>

John New has some very interesting and well intended thoughts on
distribution of guidelines, etc. He has already contacted members of the
steering committee regarding these ideas.

For now, the existing up to date 2005 paper copies are the current method of
distribution. Of course this isn't a perfect system but the issue of
"control" we speak about is not so much for the distribution of, but more
for the "quality control of content".

Believe me, if everything that was to go into the guidelines was up for
discussion by a forum like this list, we'd never get anything accomplished.
It's involved enough with the 11 or so people on the steering committee.

As for the "many eyes" idea, we already have a system to introduce material
for each new year's guidelines and that is for the 11 committee members to
always be open to individual's accurate, concise data so the committee can
research and review for inclusion each winter for the next year's edition. I
have personally been contacted a number of times each year with items to be
considered in this manner.

Now, let's get back to fixing our Healeys.
Rich Chrysler