fot

Re: [Fot] Fuel injection

To: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fuel injection
From: "J.C. Hassall via Fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 13:22:15 -0400
Cc: fot@autox.team.net

--0000000000000d33fc06018f53b3

Hi TeriAnn,

That's great info, very extensive.  Months ago I asked ITG UK if they had
one in stock (NLA in the "colonies").  They said that they had no stock
(last sale was 14 years ago), so it would be bespoke and cost 71 UK pounds
plus carriage, etc. Needless to say I declined.

All the best

jim

On Fri, Jul 28, 2023 at 11:39=E2=80=AFAM TeriAnn J. Wakeman via Fot <
fot@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Here are a couple of possible resources for people trying to piece
> together an EFI system with a focus for TR3-4A engines.
>
> Before TWM went out of business they offered DCOEs, intake manifolds,
> and major EFI conversion components, including throttle bodies based up
> the DCOE configuration.
>
> When TWM went out of business they sold their EFI business or
> transformed into Borla Induction
>
> https://www.borlainduction.com
>
> Who produces the DCOE based throttle bodies and other major EFI component=
s.

> TWM sold their intake manifold business to Pierce Manifolds, who still
> offers the TWM DCOE conversion kit for the TR four.
>

> https://www.piercemanifolds.com/TRIUMPH_TR3_TR4_HIGH_PORT_WEBER_40_DCOE_p=
/k131.htm

> So you can still get the manifolds, linkage, EFI throttle bodies,
> position sensors & such, all originally designed to work together as a
> system.
>
> itg makes an air filter with holes properly spaced for the TR four using
> TWM/Pierce manifolds and DCOEs or TWM/Borla throttle bodies. The
> critical component is the back plate which I don't think is still being
> mentioned in their web site. If you want to use a itg air filter (I have
> one on my TR3 with TWM manifolds & DCOEs) ask for back plate part number
> 28-JC-50.
>
> itg has a formula (for their filters only) that calculates the minimum
> distance between the horn opening and the facing element for no negative
> affect in air flow. The minimum distance is calculated by dividing the
> inner diameter of the air horn by four.
>
> I think this is probably enough to piece together a mechanical fuel
> injection system & put an air filter on it. No idea about a computer to
> add the "E".
>
> TeriAnn

--=20
jim  W4BEA

--0000000000000d33fc06018f53b3

 extensive.=C2=A0 Months ago I asked ITG UK if they had one in stock (NLA i=
n the &quot;colonies&quot;).=C2=A0 They said that they had no stock (last s=
ale was 14 years ago), so it would be bespoke and cost 71 UK pounds plus ca=
uote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, Jul 28, 2023 at 11:39=
=E2=80=AFAM TeriAnn J. Wakeman via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team=
_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204=
,204);padding-left:1ex">Here are a couple of possible resources for people =
trying to piece <br>
together an EFI system with a focus for TR3-4A engines.<br>
Before TWM went out of business they offered DCOEs, intake manifolds, <br>
and major EFI conversion components, including throttle bodies based up <br=

the DCOE configuration.<br>
When TWM went out of business they sold their EFI business or <br>
transformed into Borla Induction<br>
ank">https://www.borlainduction.com</a><br>
Who produces the DCOE based throttle bodies and other major EFI components.=
TWM sold their intake manifold business to Pierce Manifolds, who still <br>
offers the TWM DCOE conversion kit for the TR four.<br>
40_DCOE_p/k131.htm" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://www.pierce=
manifolds.com/TRIUMPH_TR3_TR4_HIGH_PORT_WEBER_40_DCOE_p/k131.htm</a><br>
So you can still get the manifolds, linkage, EFI throttle bodies, <br>
position sensors &amp; such, all originally designed to work together as a =
system.<br>
itg makes an air filter with holes properly spaced for the TR four using <b=
r>
TWM/Pierce manifolds and DCOEs or TWM/Borla throttle bodies. The <br>
critical component is the back plate which I don&#39;t think is still being=
mentioned in their web site. If you want to use a itg air filter (I have <b=
r>
one on my TR3 with TWM manifolds &amp; DCOEs) ask for back plate part numbe=
r <br>
28-JC-50.<br>
itg has a formula (for their filters only) that calculates the minimum <br>
distance between the horn opening and the facing element for no negative <b=
r>
affect in air flow. The minimum distance is calculated by dividing the <br>
inner diameter of the air horn by four.<br>
I think this is probably enough to piece together a mechanical fuel <br>
injection system &amp; put an air filter on it. No idea about a computer to=
add the &quot;E&quot;.<br>
TeriAnn<br>
/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/jhassall@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.tea=
m.net/mailman/options/fot/jhassall@gmail.com</a><br>
"ltr"><div><div><span style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial,helvetica=
,sans-serif;background-color:rgb(250,250,251)">jim=C2=A0 W4BEA</span></div>=

--0000000000000d33fc06018f53b3--

--===============5652805268369919911==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com