fot

[Fot] The Glory Continues - Triumphs at the Jefferson 500

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] The Glory Continues - Triumphs at the Jefferson 500
From: yellow04 via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 09:57:41 -0400
Jefferson 500, Summit Point, West Virginia, site of the 2015 Kcup, we
again showed how Triumphs continue to get the job done.

The TR3's run in the Donahue Cup group, the Spitfires run the Lola Cup
group, while Marlboro Cup group runs the TR4, TR6, TR7 and GT6. We saw
domination in all groups! All groups ran a practice/qualifying session
Friday morning, then the pace car comes out for the first race of the
weekend. Saturday morning is another race session followed by a feature
race Saturday afternoon. Sunday is an enduro in the morning then an
all-comers race in the afternoon.

In the Donahue Cup, we saw John Styduhar emerge as the class of the
field, taking home the first overall wins of his racing career. Second
place in the Cup race belongs to Vic Schuster in the Ambro, then John
Hasty had his hands FULL with a Renault Spec Racer during the feature
race but did what he needed to do to complete the podium sweep for
Triumph. Styduhar won the feature and the Saturday morning race as well!
Well done John, well deserved and that was a hoot to watch. Everybody
was happy to see that Mark Rosenberg got the Peerless back together and
is back on track with this uber-rare Triumph powered racer.

The Lola Cup was dominated by Dave Gussack driving a Vintage Racing
Services Spitfire, he had the field by two seconds a lap. Unfortunately,
he didn't finish the feature, but Richard Schnabel driving the recently
acquired Rob Stewart Spitfire took second overall. Rob's car is
certainly in great hands.

The Marlboro Cup saw some great racing all weekend. Mike Moore showed
his stuff to drive for the overall win in the Saturday morning race,
holding off some great competition. However, buy the time the feature
race rolled around, a Sports Racer who was put in the group because he
didn't fit anywhere else worked his way up to start on the front row and
had the field by a second and a half a lap, so he just ran away with the
overall win. But we took P2, P3, P4 and P5 out of a field of 36
starters! Mike Moore ran second in his TR4, Mark Wheatley took third in
his TR4, Scott Janzen took 4th with his GT6 and Dave Gott took 5th in
his TR4. Bill Emery came out with Dad's TR7 to give the Wedge crowd a
car to cheer for, and Mike Kurtz ran well all weekend until almost
finishing the feature but was sidelined with a mechanical. Jay DePol
looked great out there in his GT6, Dale Oesterle left the Spitfire at
home and ran a cool Jensen Healey this weekend.

Me? Kas would not be proud, I was beaten by equipment and never turned a
timed lap. Must be getting close to time to turn the Trophy back in...

~~~
Henry Frye - if I can't run at least I can write the race report
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com