fot

Re: [Fot] 7-1/4" clutch and chassis dyno

To: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] 7-1/4" clutch and chassis dyno
From: Greg Hilyer via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 08:43:57 -0600
Cc: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Scott,
What Iâ??ve done with Formula Vees is to literally â??kick-startâ?? the dyno
drum - Get two big guy on both sides of the car to get the drum rolling with
foot power. Just a few MPH helps a lot. If need be to get it moving, you can
also use the starter motor in first gear (ignition off) for the first couple
revolutions (itâ??s really not as hard on the starter as it sounds), put the
clutch in, and let your â??mulesâ?? kick the best they can.
Sounds hokey but if it works for a 50hp Vee it should help your clutch too.
Greg â??Lunkerâ?? Hilyer
Albuquerque NM