fot

Re: [Fot] Pistons

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Pistons
From: yellow04 via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2023 06:32:23 -0500
Back in the day I tried to educate myself on the rules of the road on
this kind of stuff, and my recollection is for any engine that will run
on street gas, use a cast piston. If you are going to bump the
compression up to the point of needing to run on race gas, use forged
pistons. Has something changed?

I can't say how many hundreds of thousands, if not millions of County
pistons are happily going up and down in engines around the world, they
seem to be proved to work fine in engines that are going to run on pump
gas. I've used them in a number of rebuilds and know many of us here
have done the same.

I'm not saying I won't jump on a set of NOS AE pistons when I find them,
though!

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com