fot

[Fot] Registration is Open - 2023 Kastner Cup

To: fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Registration is Open - 2023 Kastner Cup
From: Brian Garcia via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 00:19:46 -0600 (CST)

------=_Part_370745_1516550576.1668665986869

Good evening, Amici.

This is about 5 weeks sooner than expected, but Road America has opened up =
registration for the 2023 Weathertech International Challenge for July 13-1=
6 featuring, of course, the latest running of the Kastner Cup.  Registratio=
n is handled through motorsportreg and can be found here: =20

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/weathertech-international-challenge-ju=
ly-13th-16th-road-america-327737

Now, 239 days is probably a lot farther out that most of us tend to registe=
r for events.  However, registering early does have some positive aspects. =
 First and foremost, it helps us plan for the activities around the Cup.  K=
nowing how many of you will be there and where you coming from will guide o=
ur preparation to make sure everyone will have the best experience possible=
.  With a track that large and an event that has in the past attracted as m=
any as 500 cars at its peak, there is no fear of it closing to entries.  Ho=
wever, for anyone interested in participating in the Friday night race car =
parade/concourse  (which you absolutely should), there is a cap on that act=
ivity and it does go to a waiting list every year so the early birds get th=
e proverbial worms.  If you register early and your plans change, there are=
 options for refunds:

=E2=80=9CCancellation received before May 8th, 2023 will receive a full ref=
und (less processing fee $100)

Cancellation received after May 8th through July 3rd, 2023 will receive a f=
ull refund via credit on MotorsportsReg (MSR) account that is to be used at=
 Road America within 2 years.

Cancellations after July 3rd, 2023 will receive a 50% credit back to Motors=
portsReg that is to be used at Road America within 2 years.

In the registration information you will find your appropriate Group Assign=
ment based on your displacement.  Most of you will race with either Group 2=
 or Group 8 for two qualifying sessions on Friday, a qualifying session and=
 race on Saturday, and a feature race on Sunday.  The Kastner Cup will be i=
n additional to these and is currently listed on the Provisional Schedule a=
s taking place at 11:30 on Sunday morning.  We are very excited to welcome =
those of you that have never been to this event before.  Even if you have, =
the repave of the track was just completed 4 weeks ago so the circuit will =
be smoother and faster than at any point in almost 30 years.  We sincerely =
hope that you will be racing with us in July and further might consider reg=
istering as early as you are able.  We look forward to hosting everyone and=
 putting forth and experience worthy of your efforts to get to Wisconsin ne=
xt summer.

As you all well know, we are a club that isn't a club and while this carrie=
s with it many advantages that save us from the red tape, politics, and bur=
eaucracy of many organizations, it does carry with it one disadvantage: fun=
ding.  In order to help defray the costs of trophies and hospitality, we ar=
e in pursuit of corporate sponsors.  We have some leads but have not secure=
d any as of yet.  As in years past, we will offer posters and shirts for sa=
le to help the effort and add to your collections.  The artwork is in proce=
ss and we will share it as soon as possible.  Every sale will help,  but we=
 still as in the past need the benefit of individual donors as well.  To ma=
ke this easier, we have created a gofundme account which can be viewed here=
:  https://gofund.me/87c1b0d1

We can also work with paypal, venmo, or even the good old fashioned check. =
 I hate fundraising but it is part of who we are and what we are trying to =
do.  If you have any questions or ideas on potential partners that you thin=
k we could pursue please do not hesitate to reach out.  I don't know what t=
he weather is like where you are right now, but here in Illinois it has bee=
n snowing and sleeting for two days and the high temp isn't supposed to ecl=
ipse the freezing point for the next 5 days.  Thinking about racing in July=
 may be just what you need right now.  Try to get some work done on the car=
 - the Cup will be here before you know it.  But, don't forget to have a sa=
fe and happy Thanksgiving in the meantime.

Regards, =20

Brian Garcia
Mark Alexander

Co-Chairs, 2023 Kastner Cup
------=_Part_370745_1516550576.1668665986869

<!doctype html>
 <head>=20
 </head>
:#333333;" class=3D"default-style">
mici.</span>
:#333333;" class=3D"default-style">
:#333333;" class=3D"default-style">
 weeks sooner than expected, but Road America has opened up registration fo=
r the 2023 Weathertech International Challenge for July 13-16 featuring, of=
 course, the latest running of the Kastner Cup.&nbsp; Registration is handl=
ed through motorsportreg and can be found here:&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
:#333333;" class=3D"default-style">
:#333333;" class=3D"default-style">
s://www.motorsportreg.com/events/weathertech-international-challenge-july-1=
3th-16th-road-america-327737">https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/weathert=
ech-international-challenge-july-13th-16th-road-america-327737</a></span>
:#333333;" class=3D"default-style">
:#333333;" class=3D"default-style">
s probably a lot farther out that most of us tend to register for events.&n=
bsp; However, registering early does have some positive aspects.&nbsp; Firs=
t and foremost, it helps us plan for the activities around the Cup.&nbsp; K=
nowing how many of you will be there and where you coming from will guide o=
ur preparation to make sure everyone will have the best experience possible=
.&nbsp; With a track that large and an event that has in the past attracted=
 as many as 500 cars at its peak, there is no fear of it closing to entries=
.&nbsp; However, for anyone interested in participating in the Friday night=
 race car parade/concourse&nbsp; (which you absolutely should), there is a =
cap on that activity and it does go to a waiting list every year so the ear=
ly birds get the proverbial worms.&nbsp; If you register early and your pla=
ns change, there are options for refunds:</span>
:#333333;" class=3D"default-style">
a,arial,sans-serif;color:#333333;">
ore May 8th, 2023 will receive a full refund (less processing fee $100)</em=
h through July 3rd, 2023 will receive a full refund via credit on Motorspor=
tsReg (MSR) account that is to be used at Road America within 2 years.</em>=
 will receive a 50% credit back to MotorsportsReg that is to be used at Roa=
d America within 2 years.</em></span>
; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);" class=3D"default-style">
    In the registration information you will find your appropriate Group As=
signment based on your displacement.&nbsp; Most of you will race with eithe=
r Group 2 or Group 8 for two qualifying sessions on Friday, a qualifying se=
ssion and race on Saturday, and a feature race on Sunday.&nbsp; The Kastner=
 Cup will be in additional to these and is currently listed on the Provisio=
nal Schedule as taking place at 11:30 on Sunday morning.&nbsp; We are very =
excited to welcome those of you that have never been to this event before.&=
nbsp; Even if you have, the repave of the track was just completed 4 weeks =
ago so the circuit will be smoother and faster than at any point in almost =
30 years.&nbsp; We sincerely hope that you will be racing with us in July a=
nd further might consider registering as early as you are able.&nbsp; We lo=
ok forward to hosting everyone and putting forth and experience worthy of y=
our efforts to get to Wisconsin next summer.
; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);" class=3D"default-style">
; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);" class=3D"default-style">
    As you all well know, we are a club that isn't a club and while this ca=
rries with it many advantages that save us from the red tape, politics, and=
 bureaucracy of many organizations, it does carry with it one disadvantage:=
 funding.&nbsp; In order to help defray the costs of trophies and hospitali=
ty, we are in pursuit of corporate sponsors.&nbsp; We have some leads but h=
ave not secured any as of yet.&nbsp; As in years past, we will offer poster=
s and shirts for sale to help the effort and add to your collections.&nbsp;=
 The artwork is in process and we will share it as soon as possible.&nbsp; =
Every sale will help,&nbsp; but we still as in the past need the benefit of=
 individual donors as well.&nbsp; To make this easier, we have created a go=
fundme account which can be viewed here:&nbsp; <a href=3D"https://gofund.me=
/87c1b0d1">https://gofund.me/87c1b0d1</a>
; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);" class=3D"default-style">
; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);" class=3D"default-style">
    We can also work with paypal, venmo, or even the good old fashioned che=
ck.&nbsp; I hate fundraising but it is part of who we are and what we are t=
rying to do.&nbsp; If you have any questions or ideas on potential partners=
 that you think we could pursue please do not hesitate to reach out.&nbsp; =
I don't know what the weather is like where you are right now, but here in =
Illinois it has been snowing and sleeting for two days and the high temp is=
n't supposed to eclipse the freezing point for the next 5 days.&nbsp; Think=
ing about racing in July may be just what you need right now.&nbsp; Try to =
get some work done on the car - the Cup will be here before you know it.&nb=
sp; But, don't forget to have a safe and happy Thanksgiving in the meantime=
.
; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);" class=3D"default-style">
; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);" class=3D"default-style">
    Regards,&nbsp;&nbsp;

--===============0697585364363418207==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com