fot

Re: [Fot] Race videos from Grattan Raceway last weekend

To: Michael Deweerd <michaelndeweerd@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Race videos from Grattan Raceway last weekend
From: Tony Drews via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 10:19:45 -0500
Cc: Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>

--------------319A23A09069766701CEC4D5

The left / right panning is done within the camera - it's solid
mounted.  It's apparently an image stabilization deal in the newer
GoPro's.  I'm recording at "High Def" (1920 x 1080), but it's capable of
4K so has more image capability than I'm using.  Even at that recording
definition I use up a bunch of space on the memory card - get 3 to 5 4gb
files per race.

It took me by surprise the first time I used it, and sometimes it pans
left when the cars are really to the right, but I've decided it's a cool
effect and I generally like it.  The video quality is better than the
GoPro Hero4 I used to use.

Cheers, Tony

On 8/20/2021 6:23 AM, Michael Deweerd wrote:
> Great videos Tony â?¦.manâ?¦ do I ever miss Grattan what a fun track.
> I noticed that your camera seems to move left to right during the
> race. Is that the type of camera or is it the mount that does that?
> Inquiring minds want to know  lol
> Cheers
> Mike Deweerd
>
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 3:55 PM Tony Drews via Fot <fot@autox.team.net
>
>     For those who like these, here we go...
>
>     Saturday Sprint Race - nice battle with various cars all race, I
>     move up
>     from my qualifying spot
>
>     https://youtu.be/bIEJV8o4wBQ <https://youtu.be/bIEJV8o4wBQ>
>
>     Saturday Heat Race - epic battle with Rick Gurolnick in his 356. Some
>     good post-race banter at the end too (Rick was a few garages down
>     from me)
>
>     https://youtu.be/pHrdJYewjIY <https://youtu.be/pHrdJYewjIY>
>
>     Sunday Feature Race - not as much passing, but hard fought battle
>     holding off Andrew Moore's spridget
>
>     https://youtu.be/e-t9ohx8koc <https://youtu.be/e-t9ohx8koc>
>
>     Cheers, Tony Drews

> --
> /Mike Deweerd/

--------------319A23A09069766701CEC4D5

  <head>
  </head>
      mounted.  It's apparently an image stabilization deal in the newer
      GoPro's.  I'm recording at "High Def" (1920 x 1080), but it's
      capable of 4K so has more image capability than I'm using.  Even
      at that recording definition I use up a bunch of space on the
      memory card - get 3 to 5 4gb files per race.</p>
      pans left when the cars are really to the right, but I've decided
      it's a cool effect and I generally like it.  The video quality is
      better than the GoPro Hero4 I used to use.</p>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAHAH3R6EPAzb81UFbXdNz23Uz231n1J3kPp_RoBbFG8OfFSdWQ@mail.gmail.com">
        what a fun track.</div>
        right during the race. Is that the type of camera or is it the
        mount that does that? </div>
            PM Tony Drews via Fot &lt;<a
              href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";
moz-do-not-send="true">fot@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
            wrote:<br>
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">For those
            who like these, here we go...<br>
            Saturday Sprint Race - nice battle with various cars all
            race, I move up <br>
            from my qualifying spot<br>
              target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">https://youtu.be/bIEJV8o4wBQ</a><br>
            Saturday Heat Race - epic battle with Rick Gurolnick in his
            356. Some <br>
            good post-race banter at the end too (Rick was a few garages
            down from me)<br>
              target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">https://youtu.be/pHrdJYewjIY</a><br>
            Sunday Feature Race - not as much passing, but hard fought
            battle <br>
            holding off Andrew Moore's spridget<br>
              target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">https://youtu.be/e-t9ohx8koc</a><br>