fot

Re: [Fot] DCOE setup on stock tr6

To: Chuck Gee <chasgee22@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] DCOE setup on stock tr6
From: chris panayotti via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 21:10:46 -0500
Cc: fot@autox.team.net

--000000000000a8feba05976d39f3

Yes I believe the vents are clear. It's a pretty large hole that goes into
the air filter housing if I'm not mistaken. But I will double check that.

Chris

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019, 8:51 PM Chuck Gee <chasgee22@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are the bowl vents clear?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Nov 15, 2019, at 5:44 PM, Scott Janzen via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > =EF=BB=BF
> > More information is needed.
> > I assume these are 40 DCOEs, not 45s?
> > What size chokes are you running?
> > Main jets, idle jets?
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> >> On Nov 15, 2019, at 7:52 PM, chris panayotti via Fot <
> fot@autox.team.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> =EF=BB=BF
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I ran across an archive on your site from a Robert Lang, looks like
> from December last year. So Taking a total shot in the dark emailing this=
.
> Anyway in the thread he talks about running triple DCOEs on a Canon
> manafold on a TR6 with stock cam and stock compression. I am trying to do
> the exact same. He mentioned toward the end that he would be willing to
> share knowledge on the jets and knowledge.
> >>
> >> So here it goes, the main symptom I am running into currently is
> accleration off idle.  It starts up and idles pretty good with mixture
> screws all out about 1.25 turns. But bumping the throttle at that point
> either load or no load bogs bigtime, bassically kills the engine if I hol=
> it, even if I go very slowly. I did manage to get it to a point where it
> revs so so if I keep bumping it fast with no load, but with any load at a=
ll
> it bogs and dies.  I've come to the conclusion my progression circuit is =
> blame and that operates off the idle jet, of which all are currently 50F1=
1.

> >> I've gone over all the valve timing with a fine toothed comb and
> verified a stock cam by checking the lift. All valve gaps are perfect At
> .010".  I removed the vacuum retard from the distributor and am running i=
> at 12deg BTDC right now, and the mechanical advance does work and brings =
it
> up to 24ish deg.  It is a stock points distributor by the way.  I've read=
> few people mention that I need to upgrade that but others have successful=
ly
> used it also. I've checked compression all are close and above 125psi.
> >>
> >> Any help or insight would be GREATLY appreciated. I've been trying to
> get this to run right for weeks. I keep crossing things off the list but
> still haven't gotten it right. I'm still concerned about the distributor
> but it seems well enough that it should run properly. I'm fairly confiden=
> it's a carb problem.
> >>
> >> If you need any more info about my setup please ask
> >>
> >> Thank you
> >> Chris Panayotti
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/sjanzen@me.com

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/chasgee22@gmail.com

--000000000000a8feba05976d39f3

 large hole that goes into the air filter housing if I&#39;m not mistaken. =
 class=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, Nov 15, 2019, 8:51 PM Chuck Gee &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:chasgee22@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">chasge=
le=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Are th=
e bowl vents clear?<br>
Sent from my iPhone<br>
&gt; On Nov 15, 2019, at 5:44 PM, Scott Janzen via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailt=
o:fot@autox.team.net" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">fot@a=
utox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; =EF=BB=BF<br>
&gt; More information is needed.<br>
&gt; I assume these are 40 DCOEs, not 45s?<br>
&gt; What size chokes are you running? <br>
&gt; Main jets, idle jets?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Sent from my iPhone<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; On Nov 15, 2019, at 7:52 PM, chris panayotti via Fot &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_bla=
nk">fot@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; =EF=BB=BF<br>
&gt;&gt; Hi all, <br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; I ran across an archive on your site from a Robert Lang, looks lik=
e from December last year. So Taking a total shot in the dark emailing this=
. Anyway in the thread he talks about running triple DCOEs on a Canon manaf=
old on a TR6 with stock cam and stock compression. I am trying to do the ex=
act same. He mentioned toward the end that he would be willing to share kno=
wledge on the jets and knowledge.<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; So here it goes, the main symptom I am running into currently is a=
ccleration off idle.=C2=A0 It starts up and idles pretty good with mixture =
screws all out about 1.25 turns. But bumping the throttle at that point eit=
her load or no load bogs bigtime, bassically kills the engine if I hold it,=
 even if I go very slowly. I did manage to get it to a point where it revs =
so so if I keep bumping it fast with no load, but with any load at all it b=
ogs and dies.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve come to the conclusion my progression circuit =
is to blame and that operates off the idle jet, of which all are currently =
50F11.<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; I&#39;ve gone over all the valve timing with a fine toothed comb a=
nd verified a stock cam by checking the lift. All valve gaps are perfect At=
 .010&quot;.=C2=A0 I removed the vacuum retard from the distributor and am =
running it at 12deg BTDC right now, and the mechanical advance does work an=
d brings it up to 24ish deg.=C2=A0 It is a stock points distributor by the =
way.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve read a few people mention that I need to upgrade that b=
ut others have successfully used it also. I&#39;ve checked compression all =
are close and above 125psi.<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; Any help or insight would be GREATLY appreciated. I&#39;ve been tr=
ying to get this to run right for weeks. I keep crossing things off the lis=
t but still haven&#39;t gotten it right. I&#39;m still concerned about the =
distributor but it seems well enough that it should run properly. I&#39;m f=
airly confident it&#39;s a carb problem.<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; If you need any more info about my setup please ask<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; Thank you<br>
&gt;&gt; Chris Panayotti<br>
&gt;&gt; _______________________________________________<br>