fot

[Fot] Peyote

To: fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Peyote
From: Ponostyle via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 20:13:16 -0700
I blew up Peyote's engine in a stupid way in one of the last races of the year,
and now I'm putting the engine together after Horizon racing did their usual
spectacular job with the short block. But this year the end game is different.
I'm hanging up my helmet. The double vision I had two years ago is much better,
but it's still there, and if I smack into someone because I'm turning into the
wrong corner I couldn't forgive myself. So its curtains to roughly 50 years of
racing something: Flat track and TT motorcycles, motocross, road racing
motorcycles, road racing cars, and vintage car racing, culminating with being
the honored caretaker of the remarkable Peyote since 1999. I'm getting Peyote
ready to sell, since it doesn't belong in a collection gathering dust, it
should be raced, and raced hard. As it always has been, for 60 years.

Iâ??ll also eventually be selling Ambro 001, though itâ??s going to take some
time. Iâ??m rebodying it, with an Ambro body that doesnâ??t weigh 250 pounds.
More like 60. And Peyotifying it. Fast and pretty.

Like my hero, Mr. Kastner, Iâ??m concentrating on stuff in the water, but
instead of racing sailboats Iâ??m playing around with hydrofoils on surfboards
and other silly stuff. It will be some time until I finish the Ambro, and Iâ??d
like to stay on the list to see what all you folks are up to.