fot

[Fot] clutch disc blow-up picture

Subject: [Fot] clutch disc blow-up picture
From: tr4abrad at gmail.com (Brad Eells)
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 23:34:04 -0800
Interesting...the Spitfire I have acquired was running the stock clutches
available in the 1970's, ran hard (above 8000 rpm with a 1300), won lots of
races but did not report any clutch failures in the copious notes I have.

Of course, I don't know how often the clutch disc was being replaced. He
had three gearboxes, all with different ratio or overdrive set ups and had
them in and out depending on the track he was racing.

Wonder if the disc manufacturing is not of the same quality it was 40 years
ago??

*Brad Eells*
*Chino CA*
*#35 DP 1962 Triumph TR4*