fot

[Fot] Public Service Announcement, knockoff Datsun brake drums

Subject: [Fot] Public Service Announcement, knockoff Datsun brake drums
From: yellow04 at tr4racer.com (Yellow04)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 19:35:48 -0400
A couple years ago when I was accumulating parts for my TR250 vintage racer I
sourced a pair of brake drums that I knew were aftermarket copies of the Datsun
240Z finned aluminum drum. These copies were getting decent reviews at the
time, so I tried a pair.

So I am prepping for the next event and found this. These drums ran 8 weekends.
The other drum shows a small crack, looks like it would grow to look like this
one pretty quick.

So anyone have a source for some real Datsun Z-car drums?

Henry Frye
Working on New Yellow now, Old Blue taking well deserved break...