fot

[Fot] Little 500 The Roots of Friendly Ghost Racing

Subject: [Fot] Little 500 The Roots of Friendly Ghost Racing
From: jason at multivintage.com (Jason Ostrowski)
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 09:46:07 -0500
For 55 years Saint Joseph's College in Rensselaer Indiana has hosted its
Annual "Little 500" Go-Kart Race late in April on the hallowed grounds
of the beautiful campus.
27 years ago, This is where Friendly Ghost Racing got it's Start and where
I officially launched my racing career.
In past few years The college has faced some tough financial challenges as
well as political and management struggles.
The college has been forced to suspend it's operations going forward in the
face of hard times for a small private college in the competitive market.
Thus, this weekend held some emotional perhaps final laps for
FGR around the track I love so much.
I'm an emotional sap to begin with, so this weekend was a real tear jerker
for our long and storied Racing team.
My roots there are deep with racing excitement, mechanical learning, racing
preparation and a whole lot of epic parting and memories with lifelong
friends and family.
It is not certain at this time what the future holds for the event, the
college, or the grounds but the memories and roots of Friendly Ghost Racing
will always remain and continue onward in kind from that cherished place in
my heart.
With a very heavy heart, I can say that the Little 500 has meant the world
to me and has put me where I am today as a lifetime Triumph Racecar
supporter.

Another FOT member from Saint Joesph's College, Beth Bakes, dropped off
some "Triumph Rescue" and "British Wiring" Shirts for our team.. earning
lifetime sponsorship privileges with Friendly Ghost Racing.

Godspeed to Saint Joseph's College as a never ending fuel for racing
everywhere!

Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing
1969 Triumph GT6 racecars
27 years of Little 500 competition 1990-2017.